Yesterday, while all the wedding madness was going on, WetPaint did an article “5 Things You need to know about Chrystie Corns“. Ahem…first of all, my name is no longer Chrystie Corns and they identified me as a single mother. The article was riddled with misinformation. So I thought it would be fun to do my own 5 Things you need to know about Chrystie Vachon ;)
1. I met my husband on a TV show: You all probably know that my sister met her husband JP on The Bachelorette, but what you may not have known is that in 2010 I met my husband when he was a guest on my television show, The Brand New TV Show. It aired on Thursday nights in Southern Maine on the CW network and his band came on as a guest. Here’s a clip of the episode when we first met (20:51).
2. I’m a bit of a hypochondriac: In 2006, just a few months before my daughter was born, my grandmother (Nana) died of ovarian cancer. She was the kindest and nicest woman I’ve ever known. A devout Christian and giver to her community. I couldn’t understand why she had to die. Ever since then, I’ve been a crazy hypochondriac, thinking that I’m dying at the slightest sign of a headache.
3. I’ve lived on 2 islands: In 2001, I lived on Block Island for a summer where I worked as a cocktail waitress and then I lived on the island of Oahu, Hawaii from 2003-2007, where both of my children were born.
4. In 2002, I dropped out of college to get married. I was only 4 classes short of graduation! It wasn’t until I got divorced in 2009 that I decided to go back and finish my B.A. Communication. I graduated in 2011 :)
5. I used to be a celebrity gossip blogger: In 2005, I started HotMommaGossip.com, where I dished the dirt on celebrities! In just over a year, I was averaging 400k+ visits per month. I ended up selling the site when I gave birth to Saylor. The guy who bought my site, sold it for 10x the amount 1 year later. Ouch! :)