Good Evening & welcome to a new I Love to Gossip Extreme couponing series: 5 Ways to Save Money at Walmart. Each day this week, I will discuss one of the methods I use to save big big big money at Walmart!
If you are just tuning into this How to Coupon Shop at Walmart series, here are the posts you may have missed:
Today we will talk about price matching at Walmart! Price Matching at Walmart is a lifesaver if you live in an area with a lot of couponers. Frequently, if an item comes on sale at a drugstore ….the shelves are already cleared by the time I get there! In those cases, I’ll likely grab the drug stores flyer and head over to Walmart to do a price match!
How to Price Match at Walmart Like a Pro:
Here are a few tips that I recommend based on my experience with price matching at Walmart
1. Bring in the sales flyer – Yes, it says in the Walmart Ad Match Guarantee that you do NOT need the other store’s sales, but do yourself a favor and bring the ad with you for backup in the event that the price is challenged by the cashier or manager.
2. You CAN use a coupon along with a price match – The first thing you’ll want to do is let the cashier know that you will be price matching the item and show her the ad. She will mark down the price, then give the coupons for the items you are buying.
According to the Walmart Ad Match Guarantee, they will price match competitors prices in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. Local competitors ad lists size AND price of item
2. Items purchased must be identical to the items listed in the competitors ad
3. Walmart WILL match a B1G1 FREE as long as the price & size of the item are listed in the flyer
Walmart will NOT price match an item if:
1. The size & price of the item is not listed on the ad
2. Clearance, going out of business or closeout prices
3. Percentage off an item (for example: 30% off Revlon cosmetics)
4. Gift Card (example: Target frequently runs deals like this. Walmart will NOT match the gift card deal)
5. Internet prices