I thought it might be fun to do a blog post about the beauty products that I use and love. You’ll see that I have a combination of cheap cosmetics and more expensive ones. But like I always say, you should save money where you can to spend money where you want to!
1. Rimmell Extra Lash Mascara ($3-4) I have been using this mascara for as long as I can remember and still think it is the da bomb! Not only does it work amazingly, but it’s super cheap coming it around $3-$4 at Walmart or Target! I try to stock up whenever there is a Rimmel insert coupon available.
2. Cover Girl Nature Blend Foundation ($8-$12) If you haven’t tried this line of Cover Girl foundations, you must! First of all, it has a great smell, which is odd for makeup. But it really is very smooth to go on and makes my skin look great. Foundation is a big deal for me because I have melasma, which are brown patches on my forehead and cheeks, so I tend to wear foundation everyday.
3. Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmers ($3-$5) Not only are the pigments amazing in these lip balms, but they have a little minty zing that tingle my lips. I like that..I’m easy to please. LOL.
4. Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel Pads ($35-$45) As I mentioned before, I have melasma, so I try to exfoliate as often as possible. I use these ‘chemical peel’ pads everyday to help keep my skin new.
5. Nars Powder Foundation & Bronzer ($35) I’ve found that the Nars powder foundation and bronzers work best with the Cover Girl foundation I use. Now, Nars is not cheap, but I do splurge on it because it works so well.
6. Julep Duo Eyeliner ($22.00) This is a new product for me, I received it in one of my monthly Julep Maven boxes. The thing I hate about most pencil eyeliners is that they do not go on smoothly and I end up tugging at my eyelids (which leads to premature wrinkling..gasp!). But this eyeliner goes on so smoothly you’d swear it was liquid. Bonus is that it has two colors!
7. Elf Concealer and Brightener ($3.00) This thing is awesome. I use the concealer side to brighten up my dark circles and to cover up the melasma brown splotches then I use the brighter on my cheeks, on top of my eyebrows, around the parantheses of my mouth ;) and around my lips. It looks like war paint when I’m through! But then I put the Cover girl foundation on and it all goes into place.
8. Julep Nailpolish ($2.00-$14.00) Once again, the Julep line of cosmetics is new to me. But their nailpolish has quickly become one of my favorites, because of the thick wide flat brush, it goes on so much easier and their nailpolish comes in a ton of different colors. I probably have round 30 bottles of Julep Nailpolish!
9. ELF Makeup remover wipes ($3.00) I like to use ELF wipes because they are cheap and they smell good. Pretty simple :)
10. Mac Blush ($21) This is another makeup item that I splurge on. I just haven’t been able to find another blush that stays on all day and has the hint of shimmer that I like.
Am I missing anything? Do you have a favorite beauty item that you think I should try?