Everyone loves a sweet smelling candle. They add so much ambiance and the perfect glow of light. The only problem is, candles are not cheap. You can pay upwards of $20 for a multi-wick candle and if you burn it on a regular basis, you are going to burn through your $20 rather quickly. So what exactly is the solution if you refuse to give up your candles? Luckily, there are ways to keep your candles burning a little more evenly and a little longer, thus giving you more bang for your buck. Take a look below at 5 ways to make candles longer. You may be surprised at how easy it is.
5 Ways to Make Candles Last Longer:
1. Give them a snip – This is an oldie but a goodie. You want to snip the wicks on your candle about a ¼ of an inch before you use them. This means, each and every time you want to use them, you trim the wick first. Keep a small pair of snips nearby so you can remember to do this between burnings. This snip will keep the candle burning evenly making it last longer.
2. Add a dash of salt – This is a great tip. After you blow out your candle, sprinkle a little salt into the pool of melted wax around the wick. It will dissolve and smooth and even the surface out. Like the snip the wick trick, this will keep the candle burning evenly making it last longer.
3. Get it nice and frosty – Many people swear by putting their candles in the freezer before use, they get a longer life out of them. You can try it by placing your candle in the freezer for one hour before burning. This will help the wax melt slowly since it will need to heat up longer, giving you more bang for your buck.
4. Look for soy – Soy burns cleaner (and some think it smells better!) than traditional wax. If you have a choice between wax and soy, give soy candles a try. They will burn smoothly and evenly and in turn last you longer.
5. Watch out for wind – Placing your candle near a fan, a vent, a window, or any other breezy spot makes your candle work harder and burn less evenly. Avoid these drafty spots and your candle will love you for it. It is also safer to keep candles away from spots such as these as you don’t have to worry about your flame getting wild.
Now that you know 5 ways to make your candles last longer, check out some of these excellent candle deals currently being offered at Amazon.com!