Last week, I revealed to you how I make money with my coupon blog. Today I thought I’d let you in on my blogging process, between finding deals and the latest coupons….I’ll show exactly what I do on a daily basis to update the website.
Here’s my daily blogging process: New Coupons –> Find Deals for those coupons
I found out about new coupons in a few ways.
- Some of the coupon companies that I work with will send me an email and let me know about the latest coupons
- Sometimes I just happen to come across them on Facebook or Twitter
- Searching the printable coupon page using different zip codes & find new coupons
- Find them by reading other blogs
- Readers, just like you, send me an email letting me know about the latest coupons
Once I have a new coupon, there are several ways to find the best deal for them, here are the strategies I use:
- Use the CouponKarma deal finder – This new feature on my blog, is one of my favorites, and helps me quickly find deals. For example, today a new Kraft Mayo coupon came out. I just go to the Coupon Karma Deal Finder and do a quick search for Kraft Mayo. A listing of all the store sales for the week will appear and I can quickly make up a post.
- Sometimes, a new coupon will appear and I will have remembered the price from a store either from memory or because I’ve taken a picture of it. I love it when this happens because I can quickly re-post an older post or create a new one from memory.
- If I can’t find a current sale, I’ll look at some upcoming sales flyers on IheartCVS, IheartWags or IheartRite Aid to see if I can find an upcoming deal for the coupon!
- Lastly, there are a couple of stores that have their prices online like Walmart or Hannaford.
- I’m not always on Facebook, when you think I am! :) I pre-schedule almost all of my blog posts to go to Facebook on a 30 minute interval. You may think, Wow, she’s on Facebook all day..but I’m not..I use the scheduler to give myself some free time during the day..and weekends!
- All of my blog posts are auto-tweeted to Twitter
- Each & every blog post of mine contains a little Pinterest button if you hover over an image. You can quickly ‘pin’ the blog post to Pinterest by clicking on it.
Now, that I’ve revealed a little more about my job, I hope you can see why I absolutely love it and I pinch myself each day about how lucky I am to be a coupon blogger! Thank you for reading my website and supporting me, I know there are lots of coupon bloggers out there which is why I feel so lucky that you hang out with me on a daily basis! :)