FYI – This was just posted on the Shaws Facebook Page! Here is the Shaws coupon matchup for this week & the BJs Competitor coupon matchup.
Here’s an update on which coupons will & will not be accepted:
CVS – Yes
Michael’s – No, not considered a competitor.
Christmas Tree Shops – No, not considered a competitor (sorry).
Family Dollar – Yes, although I’m not sure the details on these coupons.
Dollar General – Yes, same as Family Dollar.
Staples – No, same as office max.
AC Moore – No, Same as Michael’s.
Bed Bath and Beyond – No, not considered a competitor.
Shaws Competitor Coupon Policy:
Please see the updated details on our competitive coupon promotion. We apologize for any confusion that has occurred. We hope that this helps clear things up.
Competitor Store Coupons Promotion
Starting today (7/19/13), Shaw’s and Star Market will only Accept Competitor Coupons from the following:
Traditional Supermarket (within our New England tradingarea)
o This would include but not be limited to stores such as Hannaford, Stop & Shop, Big Y, Price Chopper,etc.
Club / Wholesale Stores
o This will include but not be limited to stores such as BJ’s and Costco. However, the coupon must be for same item and same size as item being purchased (often Club stores carry bulk and large pack sizes items that we do not carry).
o This would include but not be limited to stores such as CVS, Rite-Aid and Walgreens as they often carry the same items that we carry.
As a reminder:
- All competitive store coupons must match the exact item being purchased (item, size, count) and must have a valid date printed on the coupon.
- An item specific competitive Store Coupon can be stacked with a valid Manufacturer Coupons. However, a Shaw’s Store coupon cannot be stacked together with a Competitive store coupon.
- Basket coupons for example ($5 off $50.00) are acceptable as long as they meet the requirements.
- Only one % off coupon is allowed per transaction.
- Store Director always has the right to limit quantities.
- Be sure to follow Shaws coupon acceptance policy for competitor coupons accepted. For example: An internet competitors coupon for a free item would not be redeemable at Shaws as we do not accept internet coupons on any free items.