Step 1: Buy Domain Name & Hosting
- Go to GoDaddy.comto start your domain name search
- Add the domain name to your shopping cart.
- Add hosting plan to your shopping cart.(Economy should be fine)
- Login or Create new account to continue through checkout process.
Next, you’ll want to set up WordPress on your hosting account:
1. If you find that your hosting account is “Pending Setup”..that’s okay. Just kick back and relax (or keep refreshing) until you get an email from GoDaddy letting you know that your website is ready.
2. Once your hosting account is Setup, click on the account. You should see an immediate pop-up box encouraging you to install WordPress, go ahead and click on Install WordPress.
3. Then fill in the domain information, leave the directory field blank and choose a username and password for your website and click on Finish.
4. Once your WordPress installation is complete (can take up to 24 hours) you will receive an email from GoDaddy letting you know that it’s good to go!