Albertsons Coupon Policy
Albertsons promotes a coupon friendly shopping experience and encourages customers to participate in store, manufacturer and internet coupon use. The following policy guidelines are current, but Albertsons may change this policy at any time and policy changes may not be advertised. Coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption. The current policy information can be discussed with individual store management but is not posted in each store.
Coupons – Definition: Coupons are a form of tender to reduce an order total based on merchandise purchased. Retailers are not required by law to accept manufacturers’ coupon. Coupons can be in print and/or in electronic form, and may be integrated into the register systems where they are deducted automatically when all purchase requirements are met.
Manufacturer Coupons – Store Coupons & Promotions – Catalina Checkout Coupons/Rebates
General Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
- Coupons are accepted in accordance to the stated requirements on the coupon at the time of purchase. These requirements include, but are not limited to: product type, flavor(s), size(s), quantities and minimum/maximum dollar purchase limits.
- Coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be redeemed more than once.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Albertsons only accepts original coupons and does not accept photocopied or reproduced coupons (including multiple prints of same series internet coupons).
- Albertsons does not accept expired coupons. Printed expiration dates are verified in addition to scanning the coupon for validity.
- Coupons stating “on next/future purchase or visit” cannot be used in the transaction in which they are generated. Next purchase is defined as a separate transaction.
- The coupon redemption value on ‘Free’ coupons may not exceed the value of the item.
- Albertsons will accept ONE manufacturer coupon and ONE store coupon on the same qualifying item. (Twice the Value coupons are considered a store coupon.)
- Albertsons does not accept competitor coupons. (Coupons generated by any competitor with competitor logo are considered competitor coupons.)
- All applicable sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value of the item.
- Albertsons reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
- Coupons issued by manufacturers contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms of agreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “manufacturer coupon”. Albertsons adheres to all manufacturer redemption guidelines.
- Albertsons may issue private promotion “manufacturer coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at Albertsons” in which Albertsons is the only retailer that will accept.
- Coupons that exceed the retail value of an item will have the remaining amount applied to the balance of the transaction. In the event a transaction balance results in a “credit”, additional items WILL be added/suggested to the order to utilize the remaining value of the coupon. We will not provide any “cash back” on coupons; however we will provide full redemption value.
- Albertsons accepts internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
- Coupons must scan at checkout.
- Coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
- Coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
- Albertsons does not accept internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions: Albertsons offers of Buy One, Get One Free (BOGO) promotions in their weekly advertisement can be combined with Buy One, Get One Free manufacturer coupons to result in BOTH items being Free. The items in the manufacturer coupon must exactly match our weekly advertisement offers and meet the redemption criteria.
- FREE product without a required purchase.
- A redemption value that exceeds $5.00.
- The absence of a clear and scannable UPC bar code.
- Same serial numbers (internet sites print time & date stamps on coupons and limit the number of coupons that can be printed from same computer).
- The absence of a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
- Rain checks for store coupons will be given out as long as the store coupon does not state on it “while supplies last”.
- Coupons issued by Albertsons contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms of agreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “store coupon”.
- Albertsons offers store coupons in various forms of media including, but not limited to, print, electronic, newspaper, direct mailers, kiosks and Company websites.
- Albertsons may issue “store coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at Albertsons” in which Albertsons is the only retailer that will accept.
- Store coupons may require that the discount applies only with Preferred/Loyalty/Rewards Card use.
- Twice the Value store coupons can only be used in combination with a $1.00 or less manufacturer coupon (a printed face value of $1.01 or greater cannot be combined with Twice the Value store coupons). Market Basket coupons can be provided via US mail or email for loyalty, special events, or local relevance. Can be used in transactions where all/many items have manufacturer coupon since it is for total purchase. These may be “stackable” according to guidance in ad/redemption guidelines. Must meet minimum purchase requirement after all other valid coupon redemptions and customer card discounts. The store Point Of Sale system is programmed to limit or restrict coupons in accordance with the redemption guidelines.
- Albertsons DOES allow manufacturer coupons that state they cannot be ‘doubled’ to be used in conjunction with a Twice the Value store coupon.
- Catalina is a third party vendor that partners with vendors and Albertsons to offer both manufacturer coupons and Albertsons in-store coupons. The coupons are triggered by purchasing qualified items at checkout which generate a coupon to print on the Catalina printer.
- Albertsons delivers 3 types of coupons via Catalina:
- 1. Manufacturer “cents off” – common type frequently distributed
- 2. Store Coupon – clearly states “store coupon” in title (cannot be combined with Twice The Value)
- 3. Market Basket – earned from prior purchase and not associated with an item, but rather the purchase. Can be used in transactions where all/many items have manufacturer coupon since it is for total purchase. These may be “stackable” according to guidance in ad/redemption guidelines. Minimum purchase requirements must be met after all other valid coupon redemptions and customer card discounts. The store Point Of Sale system is programmed to limit or restrict coupons in accordance with the redemption guidelines.
- It is Albertsons’ policy that these coupons are to be used in a future purchase, not within the purchase in which they are generated. (“next purchase” is defined as a separate transaction)
- Catalina coupons are provided to the intended customer based on that particular customers shopping experience or purchase, therefore, such coupons are non-transferable. If a customer does not want the issued Catalina coupons, it is Albertsons’ policy that the cashier or store associate destroys them immediately, including any Catalina coupons delivered at the Self Check Out lanes.
- In an effort to serve our all customers better than our competitors, and provide a timely checkout, Albertsons requests that customers do not exceed three (3) consecutive transactions.
- Additional lanes will be opened to serve all customers in a timely manner if the current business and staffing level permits.
The Total Shopping Experience
· If you have questions or comments about your overall experience, please ask for the Store Director or Customer Satisfaction Manager. Customer’s having a highly satisfied experience is our priority!