Pin this recipe to Pinterest
I am all about quick and easy dinners. Oh yes, and cheap, I dig cheap. I also love not dirtying half a dozen pots and pans for dinner in addition to the sink load of cups, plates, and silverware. These things make a dish perfect. Did I mention that it was rich and decadent? Yeah it’s got that going for it to. If this meal were a man it would be a perfect 10. Helloooo. But really, it is a hit with my whole household- the hubby and kids like to do a little magic with it and make it disappear. One more thing about this dish- in case you needed one more thing…. it makes a perfect freeze ahead meal, you know like the Bird’s Eye Voila frozen bag meals? But without all the preservatives and additives. I will usually make a double batch when I make it, put the pasta in a quart freezer bag, the chicken in a quart freezer bag-pre chopped and pre- cooked if you like, and the remaining ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Simply write the cooking ingredients on the large bag with a sharpie.
1 lb. chicken breast
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup half and half
4 oz. cream cheese
2 ½ cups uncooked bowtie pasta
3 Tbsp. butter
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Directions: (This recipe makes 4-6 servings)
1. Dice chicken into 1” bite sized pieces.
2. Brown your chicken in a little olive oil over medium heat.
3. When chicken has browned just a little add 2 cloves of fresh crushed garlic, sauté for another minute. We love fresh garlic I put it in just about everything except chocolate desserts. If you do to you really should have one of these bad boys in your kitchen.
4. Add broth, half and half, butter, cream cheese, and uncooked pasta.
5. Turn to high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cover pan, lower heat, and allow to simmer 15-20 minutes- until pasta is thoroughly cooked.
Serve with breadsticks and a bag salad for a complete, filling meal. Oh and Cannoli don’t forget the Cannoli
To garnish: Top with fresh chopped parsley or basil.