My husband will normally only eat fried pork chops. Until I came up with this version, there is so much flavor in these bad boys you don’t miss the crunch. A simple dish that takes less than 10 minutes of prep time, and only 30 minutes of cooking –without your supervision, gotta love that. Plenty of time to scrub the floors, do laundry, watch a dvr’d show, or churn some butter.
6 boneless center cut pork chops
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2-3 large potatoes
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 large or 2 medium onions
1 cup chicken or beef broth
Pepper to taste
Ok here’s your prep-
1. Slice the potatoes about ¼” thick, slice onions.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium.
3. Season Pork chops with salt and pepper to taste, dip both sides in flour.
4. Lightly brown pork chops on each side, remove from pan.
5. Cover bottom of pan with onions (you could skip this step if you don’t like onions, by really why would you? Please don’t tell me you don’t love perfectly caramelized, flavorful onions- I don’t know if I would still feel the same way about you) Ok back to recipe ..
6. Layer potatoes on top of onions.
7. Place pork chops on top of potatoes.
8. Pour in chicken or beef broth.
9. Season with pepper and garlic salt.
Cover top of pork chops with grated parmesan cheese. & Cover, set it and forget it for 30 minutes.
Do you see all that onion-y goodness at the bottom? Scoop some of that up and plop it right on top, the pork chops think they are the star, but they may have been upstaged. Serve and enjoy!