Lasagna is a family favorite, but who has the 2 hours to make it and wait for it? Especially after a long day of work, and the witching hour when your baby is whining for dinner, the kids are pretty hungry by then too. How about if we can get it done in less than 30 minutes? Let’s dirty just one pan. Sound good? Ok follow along…
Now I may have mislead you on the whole one pan thing, because you will also need 2 small to medium-ish bowls, and a wooden spoon- still, not too shabby in the dirty dish tally for homemade lasagna. And lasagna can be pricey but if you stock up on noodles and pasta when it’s at its couponing low rock bottom prices you truly have an inexpensive dinner.
1 lb. ground beef
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2- 14 oz. jars of spaghetti sauce
1-14 oz. can diced tomato’s
• -15 oz. container of ricotta
• 1-1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tsp. oregano
No cook lasagna noodles
1. In a nonstick skillet; brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat, drain.
2. Stir in spaghetti sauce, and diced tomatoes- heat through, remove from pan and place in a bowl.
3. Spoon 1 ½ cups of meat sauce back into pan.
4. In your second bowl; combine eggs, ricotta, and seasonings.
5. Spoon ½ of ricotta mixture over meat sauce.
6. Place ½ your lasagna noodles on top.
7. Repeat layers with; meat sauce, ricotta, noodles, covering top with remainder of meat sauce.
8. Bring lasagna to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 16-18 minutes.
Turn off heat, sprinkle cheese all over the top of your skillet lasagna, replace lid and allow cheese to melt.
Serve with garlic bread, a glass of wine or four, and you have a delish home cooked meal on the table in less than 30 minutes.