Holiday season is just around the corner and I know Keurig Coffee Brewers are always hot on everyone’s shopping list. This year you will have the option of getting a Keurig Brewer or a Keurig 2.0 Brewer. To help you make a better buying decision, I thought I’d put together a blog post about the differences between the two machines.
Keurig 2.0 Brewer:
- Keurig 2.0 Brewers can brew either a single cup of coffee, or a full carafe of coffee (great for when you have guests over!)
- Keurig 2.0 automatically senses the brewing container (cup or carafe) and delivers the appropriate amount of coffee
- The Keurig 2.0 Brewer will only work with Keurig K-Cups – This is very important. Keurig K-cups are the only K-cups to have the sensor that is required for the Keurig 2.0. But don’t worry, most companies are working on getting their K-cups compatible!
- Due to the sensing technology, you will not be able to use a reusable K-cup (such as this) with the Keurig 2.0
Traditional Keurig Brewer:
- Traditional Keurig Brewers are designed to brew a single cup of coffee
- Traditional Keurig Brewers work with all K-cup and Single Cups varieties
- You are able to use a reusable K-cup filter with traditional Keurig Brewers
So as you can see, the main point of difference between the Keurig and Keurig 2.0 is the fact that the 2.0 can brew either a single cup or a carafe. The other two points of difference have to due with the convenience of using all types of K-Cups and accessories. The Keurig 2.0 has more limitations on these than the traditional Keurig Brewer.
I hope that this blog post has answered your questions about the two brewers and helped you decided whether you should get a Keurig or Keurig 2.0 brewer.
Below you will find links to the Keurig 2.0 brewer at Kohl’s, Target & Walmart. I would check all 3 links periodically as the price will change often!
Keurig 2.0 Deals for 2014
(Prices subject to change frequently!)
- Keurig® 2.0 K350 Coffee Brewing System $129 @ Kohl’s
- Keurig 2.0 K300 Coffee Brewing System with Carafe and Bonus $25 Gift Card – $119 @ Walmart
- Keurig 2.0 K300 Coffee Maker Brewing System with Carafe $119 @ Target
- Keurig® 2.0 K300 Coffee Brewer $139.99 @ Staples